Friday, July 13, 2012

Because we all start somewhere...

I give you the very first thing I ever made for my very first year of Dickens...


There you have it, folks- a 'Victorian' dress.. out of cotton broadcloth (in maroon of course- what else!) from a Butterick pattern which has been thankfully discontinued and was long ago ruled unacceptable by the Costume Dept. Hastily assembled in the week before open with the help of Sharon Collier- the first of many, many projects I have laid out on her table- and the patient encouragement of Alexandria Volk. When I told Alexandria this was my first sewing project I still recall her chuckling and saying 'well, you've certainly chosen baptism by fire". I had a bunch of fun in that dress...may it never see the light of day again....

Also featuring the old bonnet of doom....as much lace and holly as I could possibly hot glue on in the time allowed!

No comments:

Post a Comment