My big summer project
At the honors banquet at the end of this semester I was looking at the few folks who got the highest honors on the exam and talking to some friends, saying 'ok, that's the goal'....and then our professor was like 'oh, um, yeah...those were Americanists. You know, those folks with only 200 years of history in one country....Europeanists pretty much never get that...but hey, good luck!" Soo... there's that :-p
I am just gonna set myself a goal of two books a week for the next 8 weeks. That is 16 books. And frankly, two books per week is not as quick as I will need to go once the semester starts.
This popped up when I typed 'sewing' into google images......
this chick looks waaay too calm and put together ...just sayin'
Here I give you my beginning of the summer, aren't I awesome and waaaay to enthusiastic and don't I want to do everything list, paired down to reality and priority.
- Andrew's Doublet- DONE!!!
Xander's doublet- Edit: SHARON IS AWESOME!!!!
- Re-dye Nobles- need to touch base with Mackenzie, gonna go over to Vallejo at some point and try and breath some new life into the old jaquard.
- My livery- probably gonna be put off again, though I do now have the fabric and the Tudor Tailor. Would be nice to at least get the kirtle and a coif done by the end of the season.
- Various blackwork projects- probably no time soon.
- Regency outfit for TN, including stays- PRIORITY
- Extra livery cloak for St. George- not hard, just you know, another project.
- New Victoria ballgown for PEERS Steampunktoberfest- PRIORITY after TN- will go fabric shopping when Laura and I hit the garment district at Costume College.
- Fix hem on Mrs. Oakley's dress- will get done before Dickens.
So um, yeah.... maybe I should get off my blog, and like, get to it......